Our goal is to and to promote nature protection and ecological movement. If more people become aware of the importance of nature conservation, it will be easier for us and our colleagues from other Parks to perform our responsibilities.
Responsibilities of the Ecological Education Department include:
- introducing innovative concepts into the environmental education programs of educational institutions,
- developing new methods of environmental education, as well as recommendations for creation of environmental ethics and aesthetics;
- increasing an environmental awareness of population and tourists through the mass media,
- producting printed products and didactic materials;
- popularizing environmental knowledge, promoting environmental education, and improving public awareness about environmental issues;
- contributing to the formation of positive public opinion about the preservation of nature diversity, based on main criteria of eco-education such as knowledge, beliefs, and actions;
- contributing to the organizing and conducting of lectures, seminars, round tables, consultations, and other environmental events;
- conducting eco-educational events in the ecotourism visitor center of the Park;
- assisting in creating information centers, environmental schools, clubs, camps, etc.;
Together with the Department of Scientific Research:
- developing and publishing educational, methodical and information materials about ecological education and nature protection such as pumplets, guides, and leaflets;
- organizing seminars, conferences, round tables, debates, quizzes, and environmental games;
- arranging environmental and information rooms or corners in the offices of nature protection scientific and research departments;
- conducting scientific, sociological and environmental researches.
The Ecological Education Department is supervised by the Deputy Director for Research.